What is Mediation?
What is Mediation?
What is Armistice – What is Mediation?
- Armistice is an online platform providing access to a panel of Mediators as set out on the ADR Panel tab of the website.
- Mediation is a moderated discussion forum which may lead to resolution if the parties agree. If they do not agree a resolution the mediation may end and the parties have a full choice of how to proceed next in their dispute.
- Each party comes together to agree to appoint a mediator to seek to facilitate and moderate discussions and points of dispute between them.
How does it work?
- Parties can apply through Armistice to schedule a hearing or use the platform to case manage their dispute.
- When they sign up for the platform each of the parties to a dispute are given their own secure data room where they can place calls, upload documents securely, leave video messages for each other and use that space as a case management space for all of the persons required. No one outside of your team has access to your data room
- The other side will have their own data room and both parties will have a common shared hearing space.
- If lawyers are engaged, they will also have a private space on the platform for them to confer.
- The system can be configured to your requirements.
How do we prepare for a hearing date?
- The parties sign a mediation agreement. This can be tailored depending on the type of dispute.
- Armistice shall contact the selected mediator in question and subject to their availability shall make arrangements for suitable dates.
- The Parties to a dispute lodge a case stated via the Armistice Platform
- The Mediator may, if he or she considers it necessary due to the complexity of the dispute or otherwise hold a preliminary hearing via the platform for directions
- The parties will proceed to hearing.
- They may, if the so agree, sign a binding settlement between them.
Is the decision binding?
- Once the parties agree to be so bound the mediation settlement agreement is normally enforceable by either party if breached.
How much does it cost?
- Armistice offers a straightforward and transparent pricing model. There are no hidden fees or charges, and it is a flat rate fee per party for mediation services. Click here to view our fees.
Why should I consider arbitration?
- It is CHEAPER than traditional adversarial litigation proceedings
- It is FASTER than traditional adversarial litigation proceedings
- You have access to an exceptional panel of alternative dispute mediators and the CHOICE to select the mediator with the relevant expertise in your dispute area.
- Your data is stored and accessed so you have tighter SECURITY
- You have CONFIDENTIALITY in respect of the existence and outcome of the dispute.